Thursday 28 August 2014

Thankful Thursday


How is it already Thursday?! Oh yeah, because I was off on Monday and Tuesday- Boom! Slipped that bad boy in well didn't I? By the way, not entirely sure why I look so moody here, or maybe it's pouty? Either way- FRINGE! But seriously folks, when is it Sunday again? I'm sure that I respond worse to having time to actually relax? Does anyone else feel that way? Getting out of routine makes me sleepy- in fact I'm starting to look forward to wintery naps. I know, I know you're all thinking "Jeez Sophie, you've changed your tune!" 



Well in truth, I have. I usually dread winter, I'm scared of ice- like petrified;


"What if I slip and fall and break my neck and my pants and the whole world sees my foofoo?!" Those sorts of panics. Plus, my knees get real bad that even the stairs seem like more like fucking Jacobs Ladder then one floor up.


I really can't tell you what it is precisely brining on my excitement. All I know, is that this week I'm feeling pretty thankful for the imminent winter.

1) Possibly (and highly likely) wintery naps is high up on the list
2) Being able to say; "Winter is coming Jon Snow" after EVERYTHING! 
3) Cracking out my amazing wooly hat collection
4) Oversized jumpers, coats, scarves...anything really
5) Stews! I chuffing love stews
6) WHICH MEANS DUMPLINGS! I AM A DUMPLING FIEND!
7) Followed by crumble! Any kind is just perfect...Hmm this is turning rather food based. Maybe I'm excited for winter purely for the foods? Which reminds me, does anyone have any lovely slow cooker recipes?
8) Fresh, crisp air in the mornings
9) Conkers and bonfires
10).........Christmas...Shhhhhh!


As always, thank you Lisette and Leona for inspiring the thanks.
What are you all thankful for this week?
Love Sophie Xx

5 comments:

  1. Stew and fecking dumplings followed by crumble? I like where you're head's at.
    I think we'd get on well in winter as long as I promise not to look at your foofoo when you fall over...which I can't do I'm afraid.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please can you send these dumplings my way? I need dumplings in my life. Dumplings dumplings dumplings.

    Not sure what happened there! Digging the fringe btw, mine is growing out but tempted to get the kitchen scissors out...

    Lou ~ whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter is coming! Oh no! It can get to be -30*F or worse out here in Minnesota (I think that's like -50-60*C?) which is absolutely miserable. And if we're not combatting 3 feet of snow, we're dealing with black ice and blowing winds. Yuck! I am looking forward to the first few snows though - you know, the pretty ones before seasonal blues set in and the change in seasons is still exciting. Also, I love being cozy! I'm looking forward to scarf and blanket weather for sure!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo crumble, I haven't had one of those in an age. What kinda crumble was it? Was there plenty of custard too?! I'm living my Englishness through you and your crumble right now lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stew and dumplings...AND crumble. AMAZEBALLS (did I really just say amazeballs?)! I am excited about winter too, mainly because I am partial to a wooly hat and apparently its a bit weird to walk around in the sunshine wearing one. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!